IMPORTANT: These are the terms and conditions (“Terms”) on which we supply products to you, whether these are goods, services or digital content. By accepting these Terms you are entering into a legally binding contract.
If you do not agree to any part of these Terms, or if any content of Connect2Students.com is prohibited in the territory where you currently reside, then please do not proceed or attempt to access Connect2Students.com.
Headings do not form part of these terms and conditions and will not affect their interpretation.
In these terms and conditions, "you", “your” or “members” refers to the student member, user or registered user and "we" or "us" refers to Connect2Students Ltd. “Site” refers to www.Connect2Students.com
The Connect2Students.com site and associated mobile applications ("the Services") are owned and operated wholly by us.
In respect of Connect2Students.com, you should be aware that these terms apply equally irrespective of whether the products or services are accessed via a desktop browser, mobile browser, mobile phone, tablet device, or any other digital device.
Application of these Terms
These terms and conditions apply to all and any use of the site and Services, the purchase of any products and any postings, emails, messages and other communications made to or using the site or Services.
The site and Services are intended solely for the use of individuals registered as a full or part-time student at a lawfully recognised and authorised education institution, proof of which may be required. Neither the site nor Services are intended to facilitate or be accessed for commercial business purposes of any kind. If you are a business and you do not have prior authorisation from us you cannot access or use the site or Services for any purpose.
The site and Services are operated by Connect2Students Limited, a company registered under the laws of England and Wales, whose company number is 9786350, registered address Bedford House, 79 Marine Parade, Brighton, UK, BN2 1AJ. You can contact us via support@Connect2Students.com.
Once you have completed your online registration procedure your membership will be activated and you will enter into a legally binding contract with us for the provision of the Services. To receive the Service upon your membership being activated, you hereby expressly consent to us providing you with the Services in the statutory 14-day cancellation period.
If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address you provided to us on the Registration Form.
User Age Warranty & Adult Content Warning
The site and Services are intended solely for the use of adults aged 18 years or older.
Persons under 18 years, pretending to be over 18 years or older or individuals soliciting persons under 18 years will be removed from the site and further use of the Services will be blocked. In addition, where we in our reasonable opinion deem it necessary your contact details may be passed to the relevant legal authorities.
Although sexually explicit photos are not permitted on the site and will be removed if found, no guarantee is given that you will not see images of a sexual nature when using the Services. You agree to not hold us responsible for a failure to remove these images and you agree that we are not liable or under any obligation to remove content that causes you offence.
Access to the Site and Services is provided on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend any or all features of the Services or site without notice. You are responsible for making any arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site and Services. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Site or Services through your internet connection or device are fully aware of these Terms and Conditions and that they comply with them.
Continued access and membership of the site and Services is dependent on you providing us with valid and true personal information and contact details, including a current and valid email address. If you wish to have access to Student Discounts offered on the site you may be required to have registered or logged in to your profile using the academic email address provided by your institution. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end or suspend your access.
We are not responsible for delays outside our control.
If access to the site or supply of the Services is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and delete your profile.
Reasons we may suspend access.
We may in addition have to suspend access to the site or Services to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the service to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; or
- make changes to the Services as requested by you or notified by us to you.
We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending access unless the problem is urgent or an emergency.
Free to join and use.
The site is totally free to join and use. No charges will be made for having a profile on the site.
Your Password & Access to Content
On becoming a member you choose your username and password. You must not disclose your password to anyone and should be aware that we will never ask you for it other than in logging on to Connect2Students.com so anyone asking you to produce your password is to be regarded as doing so for malevolent purposes.
You are responsible for all acts done in your account name and therefore for the acts of anyone you give your password to in breach of these Terms.
You agree that you will not collect members’ content or information, or otherwise access Connect2Students.com using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior written permission.
Right To Export Data and Delete your profile
You can at any time see the data (excluding photographs) the company holds on you by clicking "Export my data". You can view your uploaded photographs by clicking "View my profile"
At any time you can delete your profile on the site. No information on you will be retained by the Connect2Students ltd when you delete your profile. All your personal data, photos and messages will be deleted permanently.
When you don't have the right to cancel.
You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
- digital products after you have started to download or stream these, or
- services, once these have been completed, even if the cancellation period is still running.
Third Party Promotion & Services
The site or Service may offer you the opportunity to earn money through the completion of online surveys provided by approved third parties. Any payment will be made directly to you by the third party and full terms and conditions will be provided by the third party which you will need to accept before completing any surveys. Connect2Students Ltd will not and cannot be held responsible for the terms under which arrangements are made or the collection of any fees due you by completing surveys.
In addition, the site or Service will carry advertising from approved third parties or through Google Adsense and Google Admobs. No liability or warranty is accepted by Connect2Students Ltd for the suitability of the services or products provided by any third party advertising on the site.
The site will also promote services and products by approved third parties which Connect2Students Ltd deems may be of interest to you. This promotion may involve direct emailing to your registered email address. You can unsubscribe to these direct emails by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or through the "Preference" settings on the site .
No liability or warranty is accepted by Connect2Students Ltd for the suitability of the services or products provided by such third parties.
Maintenance & Downtime
It will be necessary from time to time to maintain the website to ensure the smooth operation of the site and improve the Services and functions offered. This maintenance will be carried out at times when we in our absolute discretion believe the site is or will be less busy and for limited periods. You will be informed in advance of such maintenance periods. Unusual events outside the normal control of the company may also cause the site to be unavailable for short periods or to be unavailable in certain countries or territories which do not allow social networking sites, the company will not be held responsible under these circumstances.
YOUR SAFE USE OF THE SERVICES
What Connect2Students.com is For
The site and Service is an entertainment service designed to connect you to other students for the purpose of dating, finding a flat or flatmate, a travel companion or for networking with other students to share ideas and get answers to questions.
Your use of Connect2Students.com is entirely at your own risk. You should exercise caution in evaluating what you see when involved in internet communication with people who are unknown to you (such as when you are using message services) and be aware that people may not necessarily be who they say they are, they may not be students – despite our efforts to police membership – and that people may provide information or behave in a way that is unreliable, misleading or illegal.
By using the site and Service you accept that any member profiles, messages and communication may not be genuine and you agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other members or users of the site or Service, particularly if you decide to meet offline or in person. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other members or users of the site or the Service. We strongly advise you not to provide any personal or financial information (for example, credit card, national insurance number or bank account information) to other users of our Site.
Safe Dating Tips
Connect2Students.com is about connecting with other students in a friendly environment for the purpose of dating, looking for a flat or flatmate, a travel companion or another student to network with.
You are responsible for your own safety – we cannot accept responsibility for your personal safety under any circumstances.
However, we are committed to our members having fun and being safe. You agree by accepting these terms that you will review Connect2Students guidelines “Safety tips”. These guidelines are there for your protection and to offer practical tips to enhance safety. However, you accept by agreeing to these terms that your personal safety is your responsibility and you must therefore exercise your own judgment when meeting people and in choosing the activities you get involved in.
Please note that we do not undertake background searches of any of our members or users. You therefore should exercise caution in sharing any of your personal information with other members, and you should not make public any information on the site that may identify you. Although the site is aimed at the student community you should not assume that every user is a student. We do not accept any liability should information displayed on a member’s profile be untrue or misleading.
Member Conduct When Using Connect2Students.com
Members must not at any time:
- post, send, email, store, upload, or link to any material or content that is or may be offensive, illegal, unlawful, sexually explicit or discriminate against any persons race, ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, beliefs, sexual orientation or any other preferences;
- interfere with another's enjoyment of the site or Services;
- impersonate any person or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person;
- create more than one profile on the site or Services; multiple profiles are not permitted and if you are found to have created multiple profiles we will terminate your membership immediately without refund of any membership fees;
- use the site or Services for advertising goods or services without our written consent;
- upload to the site or Services or do anything that breaches these Terms;
- copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer or assemble or otherwise abuse our rights in relation to any of our software;
- attempt to access any area of the site or Services for which you are not authorised or access our system without our written consent;
- do anything which materially affects (or may materially affect) the functionality of our site, Services or systems;
- use the site or Services for commercial purposes or financial gain; or
- use a temporary or throwaway email address on their account. Email addresses must be valid, verifiable and kept up to date.
In addition, if you download or use our software, such as a stand-alone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you express written permission.
Your Warranties Regarding Uploaded Content
You warrant that any and all content you upload to the site or Services:
- is true, accurate and up-to-date (and you agree to maintain it as such at all times);
- is your own creation/property or that you have consent to upload it to the site or Services and in all cases that uploading the material does not breach any third party's intellectual property rights;
- is not defamatory, sexually explicit, illegal, unlawful, offensive or discriminatory in any way;
- has been processed by up-to-date virus-checking software and found to be free of any virus, worm, Trojan or other similar device or effect that alters or may alter the functioning of the site or Services or any computer system at any time;
- will not promote violence;
- will not promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- will not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- will not be likely to deceive any person;
- is not uploaded in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- will not promote any illegal activity;
- will not be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- shall not harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- shall not be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; and
- shall not give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
Any content you upload will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we shall have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the site or Services constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to confidence or privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other member of the site or Services.
What you may not include in your member profile.
You may not include in your member profile or transmit any personal contact information, such as telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses. If you choose to do so we will not be responsible or liable in any way.
You may not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other members to buy or sell any products or services through the site or Service. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other members. In order to protect our members from such advertising or solicitation, we reserve the right to restrict the number of communications that a member may send to other members in any 24-hour period to a number which we deem appropriate in our reasonable discretion.
We reserve the right to (without notice or justification in our absolute discretion but not so that we are obliged to exercise any right) to:
- take down or alter any material you upload to the site or Services;
- cancel your membership at any time;
- withdraw the site or Services in its entirety if required by law;
- read your messages to and from other members and copy any such messages that may be evidence of breach (if we reasonably believe you, or another member with whom you are in contact, have breached our terms and conditions) – usually we will only do this if we receive a complaint from another member or request from competent legal authority. We may also monitor the content of private messages sent between members to detect spammers/ scammers and anyone attempting to use duplicate profiles.
- Enforce limits on excessive use of the systems.
In addition we reserve the right to withdraw the site or Services in its entirety on reasonable notice and in our absolute discretion.
Reporting Misuse of the Site or Services. We ask for your help in maintaining the high standards of Connect2Students.com and the communities within them by immediately notifying us of any material or communications that are in breach of these Terms or that are, or appear to be, malevolent or illegal.
Remember that while Connect2Students.com belongs to us, it is also yours to enjoy. You can report any member to us for posting offending content by clicking on "report" in the member's profile. The reported member will be investigated within 24 hours and their membership ended if evidence is found of objectionable content. You can also report any alleged abuses to us at support@Connect2Students.com or through the “Help” section of the Services.
Limitation of Liability
Access to and use of the site and Services is strictly for personal use and must not under any circumstance be used by any member for commercial purposes or used in a defamatory or derogatory manner.
We will have no liability to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, loss of use or data, loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, loss of goodwill or business opportunity as a result of your use, misuse or lack of use of the site or Services, whether in an action in contract, negligence or other action, howsoever resulting from the access to and use of the site or Services and any reliance placed on the information and materials contained on it
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your statutory rights.
Exclusion of liability for linked websites. Whilst we try to exercise reasonable care in the selection of websites to which we link, we do not control their content, format or availability. Therefore:
- we give no warranties, endorsements or recommendations in relation to any products or services mentioned or any statements contained in third party sites;
- we disclaim all responsibility for any content you encounter, or events which may occur once you have transferred out of this website and are not be liable to you or anyone for any damages or other losses of any type whatsoever incurred by visiting a linked site.
Exclusion of liability for content on Connect2Students.com You agree that whilst we take all reasonable measures to ensure the truth and accuracy of information on Connect2Students.com, we are not responsible for any wrong or inaccurate information whether it is posted by us, a member or an advertiser.
You are advised to independently verify such information before relying on it. We also accept no responsibility for any misleading information posted by other members. Accordingly, you are advised to proceed with caution in dealing with other members and refer to our Safety Tips.
Exclusion of liability for viruses Whilst we take all reasonable precautions to protect the site, Services and members against worms, viruses and other harmful material, before downloading or using any potentially harmful material to the site or Services, you are advised to ensure that your systems have up-to-date virus detecting software and have that software check the safety of any materials. Therefore, we do not accept responsibility for any defects, viruses or other harmful components that may be contained within any area of the site or Services.
You must not introduce to the site or Services any viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the site, Services or server on which the site or Services is stored or any server, computer or database connected to them. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you may commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the site or Services will immediately cease.
You agree to indemnify (reimbursing all liabilities, costs and expenses actually incurred) us against any and all costs, claims, liabilities or expenses arising out of breach of these Terms and to keep us so indemnified at all times.
Monitoring of Content
Although we do not actively monitor submissions to the site or Services or content posted by members and accept no responsibility or liability for this, submission and content posted may be subject to real-time vetting and monitoring (particularly in respect of images that may be shared on member’s profiles). We reserve the right to amend or remove content without justification. In particular, we may do so if we receive a complaint about content, feel in our own opinion the content is unsuitable, in violation of the law, contains political content or in any way breaches these Terms..
Please note that due to the content restrictions on some mobile application platforms and ISP connections, some site or Service content may not be accessible regardless of your membership status.
Browsers, Downtime & Right To Suspend
We support most of the popular web browsers currently in use. However, we cannot guarantee that the specific browser you use will be able to display the site or Services and all its features accurately.
We may occasionally have to perform necessary maintenance and/or upgrades to the site or Services. These specified time periods are referred to as "Scheduled Maintenance Windows".
In the event of plans to suspend access or use of the site or Service during a Scheduled Maintenance Window, we will try to provide 24 hours notice to members in advance of the Scheduled Maintenance Window.
Members must be aware that, at any time, we may perform emergency maintenance as needed to preserve the overall integrity of the services with no notice and with or without compensation for such activities.
We nonetheless reserve the right to alter or suspend any service or feature at any time without prior notification or explanation.
Intellectual Property Rights
All rights, including copyright and database rights, in the site and Services and the content thereof are owned or controlled by us or are licensed by us.
We retain all copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in material contained on or in relation to the site and Services (to the exclusion of any images you may upload) and you may not copy, reproduce, download, republish, extract, broadcast, transmit, display, modify or re-use any of the materials on the site and Services for any other purpose.
By way of example and without limitation, you shall not:
- use any or all of the site or Services or the information contained therein for any purpose other than the permitted use set out above or hack, attempt to hack, distribute, modify, transmit, re-use, or re-post the same for any reason;
- make any public or commercial use of the site or Services without our prior written consent;
- provide hypertext links, URL Links, graphic links, hyperlinks or other direct connection to the site and Services for profit or gain or to avoid payment (by you or others) without our prior written permission;
- display, publish, copy, print, post, modify or otherwise use the site or Services and the information contained therein for the benefit of any third party or web site without our prior written consent;
- modify, post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks or other proprietary information without having first received the express written permission of the owner of such information;
- process or otherwise use the information contained on or within the site or Services for any illegal or immoral purpose nor use or process the same unfairly; or
- remove or obscure any copyright notices and other proprietary notices contained on the site or Services.
- The site, Services and content therein are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. Our status and that of any identified contributors as the authors of content on the site and Services must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on the site or Services for commercial purposes without obtaining a written licence to do so from us or our licensors.
If you print off, copy or download any part of the site or Services in breach of these Terms, your right to use the site and Services will immediately cease and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Ownership of Trademarks
Any trade marks, logos, names, fonts and images displayed on the site or Services may be registered or unregistered rights. Except where expressly stated to the contrary, nothing on the site or Services confers any licence or right to use any trademark displayed without our prior written approval of the owner of the relevant trade mark.
Linking to Connect2Students.com
You may link to any visible public page on the site or Services, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site must not be contained within a frame on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. Your website should not contain content that, in our opinion, is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
If you wish to make any use of material on Connect2Students.com other than that set out above, please address your request to us at support@Connect2Students.com
Termination of Use
A user's authorisation to use the site or Services will automatically terminate without notice if you fail to comply with any of these Terms. On termination, you must cease all use of the site or Services.
We are entitled to investigate and revoke a user’s membership if they have misused the site or Service, or behaved in a way which could be regarded by us as inappropriate or whose conduct is unlawful or illegal or prohibited by these Terms. You warrant that you shall not post any content or material to the site that (by way of example and without limitation, although specific exclusions may apply in relation to the Site in question):
- infringes upon the intellectual property rights of, or breaches any duty of confidence to, any third party;
- is technically harmful such as computer viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other malicious software or harmful data;
- reveals the identity or any personal details of any other user of the Service without that users permission;
- expresses or implies that any statements you make are made or endorsed by us;
- is patently offensive to the online community, for example, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters", or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- promotes information that you know is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a derogatory, sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; and
- engages in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes, or
- uses the Service in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
We may in addition terminate this contract and your access to the site and Services at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide access to the site or Services products, for example, valid personal or contact details; or
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the Services to you.
- the company decides to cease trading. A minimum of one month’s notice will be provided to all users.
We may in addition delete your profile and terminate this contract and your access to the site and services without notice to you if:
- you have not verified your email address within 7 days of registering so your profile is not live and active. You will be able to register again and verify your email address.
- you have not accessed your profile for 6 months or more. It will be deemed that you no longer wish to have a profile on the site. You will be able to register again if your profile has been deleted but all stored information will have been deleted.
We may in the future develop other associated websites to assist you with connecting with other individuals that you may share an interest with. By registering with the site or Services you acknowledge and accept that any information or content that you post may be searchable and available to users of the site or Service who access it via different websites from those currently available.
You further acknowledge and accept that other members of the Service that you may view and communicate with via the Service may have registered with and accessed the Service through a number of different websites.
Our Right to Amend These Terms
We may at any time revise these Terms by posting changes on the site or via the Services. The continued use of the site or Services after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the modified terms. If you choose not to accept the modified terms and you are a fee-paying member, we will upon request return a fair proportion (related to the time left unexpired on your membership) of the membership fee.
These terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. If any of the terms is held to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Connect2Students Ltd has implemented changes to the storing and handling of data to ensure that we meet GDPR guidelines and are compliant.
Last updated: 24 January 2019